How do I join a 4-H Club?
The best time to join the clubs is at their first meeting typically in October (exception of Archery). We ask that you register in 4-H Online before coming to a club meeting; however, you may come to the first meeting without completing the paperwork so long as a parent or guardian stays. All club members must register in 4-H Online by November 1 (February 1 for Archery). Most clubs do not require parental supervision, but many of our parents do stay. We require parents to stay onsite for members under the age of 16 in the Rifle and Archery club during shooting practices.
*The 4-H year runs from October to September. Members must be turning the correct age within the 4-H year. (i.e.- A member who is 4 years old in October when the 4-H year starts but turning 5 years before September 30 of the following year is consider to be 5 years old in 4-H years.)
Members of our clubs must enroll in 4-H Online. If you are a new member, you will need to create a new profile and add your youth members. Returning members already have an account that was either created by the office or by self. Go to the 4-H Online website to complete this process before your next meeting.
- Sunnyside Club
- Dinwiddie Hawkeyes
- Southern Sharpshooters
- Teen Club
- Beaks, Beef, and Bacon
- Ages 5 - 13
- Meet 4th Tuesday of every month (September to May) from 6 to 7PM at the Dinwiddie Extension Office
- General interest club for youth just starting in 4-H. Focus on a different theme to learn about every year.
- Club leader, Angela Duncan: email@example.com
- Ages 9 - 19
- Meets 2nd Monday of each month at the Dinwiddie Extension Office from 6:30 to 7:30 PM
- Horse club that learns about horses and the equine industry. Compete in hippology and horse judging contests at the local and state level. No horse required.
- Club leader, Becky Tilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ages 9 - 19
- Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from January to March at the Dinwiddie Extension Office from 6:00 to 7:00PM and April to August at the Dinwiddie Landfill from 5:30 to 7:00PM
- Archery club that teaches the skill of shooting bows and arrows and range safety. Compete at local and state wide events. No equipment required.
- Club Leader, Hannah Robbins: email@example.com
- Sign up for text reminders by texting @d4harchery to 81010
- Ages 9 - 19
- Meets the 3rd Thursday of every month at the Dinwiddie Landfill depending on weather from 6:00 to 7:00PM.
- Rifle club that teaches the skill of shooting a rifle as well as gun and range safety. Compete at local and state wide events.
- Club leader, Chris Noyes:
- Sign up for text reminders by texting @d4hrifle to 81010
- Ages 14 - 19
- Meets the 1st Thursday of every month from September to June at Dinwiddie High School from 3:00 to 4:00PM
- Community club that volunteers in the community and helps plan summer camp and workshops. Many members serve as Teen Counselors, but not required.
- Club leader, Hannah Robbins: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for text reminders by texting @d4hteen to 81010
- List of Hours for Teens
- Ages 8 - 19
- Meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month from September to June at the Ragsdale Community Center in McKenney from 6:30 to 7:30PM (No meeting this December)
- Community club that gives youth the opportunity to learn about different farm animals and how to show.
- Club leader, Jay Schnepf: email@example.com
- Sign up for text reminders by texting @d4hbacon to 81010