About the Dinwiddie County Fair
The Dinwiddie County Fair will enter its ninth year in operation in 2019 and is a proud member of the Virginia Association of Fairs.
The Fair is held at the Virginia Motorsports Park - 8018 Boydton Plank Road
North Dinwiddie, VA 23803.
2019 Event Dates and Times
Friday, October 11, 2019: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday, October 12, 2019: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday, October 13, 2019: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Admission: $10.00 per carload / $10.00 per walk-up
Extension Booklet for Fair Entries
Download the booklet in the file below to see the various departments, sections, and classes. There are seemingly endless options to choose from. Turn the entry form in on the last page by October 3, 2019 or fill out the registration form online.
Other Competitions & Events
- Goat & Sheep Livestock Show
- 4-H Mutt Strutt
- Share-the-Fun Talent Show
- Critter Getter
- Farm Kid Competition
**Due to lack of participation we will not be holding the goat and lamb show originally scheduled for Oct. 12, 2019 at the Dinwiddie County Fair.
We have chosen to replace this show with two fun events that are open to all youth ages 4-17.
Stay tuned for more details.
Goat & Sheep Livestock Show
- October 12, 2019 from 1-3PM
- Virginia Motorsports Park
- 8018 Boydton Plank Road
- North Dinwiddie, VA 23803
- Open to active 4-H youth in the following counties: Dinwiddie, Nottoway, Brunswick, Sussex, Amelia, Greensville/Emporia, and Prince George
Download the registration information below and return to the Dinwiddie Extension Office by September 23, 2019:
- Dinwddie 4-H
- c/o Jay and April Schnepf
- P. O. Box 399
- Dinwiddie, VA 23841
Dinwiddie 4-H will be hosting a Family Fun Dog Show at the Dinwiddie County Fair on October 13 from 3:30-5PM*. This fun event will help raise awareness to start a 4-H dog show in the future, and Dinwiddie 4-H hopes that everyone will take part in a light-hearted spirit. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure everyone's safety. However, attendance is at your own risk and in order to ensure a pleasant afternoon for all, we have listed several rules below. Participants must agree to comply by all rules and failure to do so or withold information falls on the participant and puts others at risk.
- No female dogs in heat.
- Dogs must be kept on short leads at al times. NO RETRACTABLE LEADS ALLOWED. Dogs must be contained within the 4-H area during all times of the fair. No dogs will be permitted to walk through the fair at any time (other than service animals).
- Dog owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs.
- The safety and well-being of all animals at the show is the responsibility of their owners.
- Should a dog or dogs seem unfit, aggressive, uncontrollable by owner, or unhealthy to show, they will be asked to leave. No questions asked.
- Dogs must exit fair following the show and cannot be left in vehicles.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on shots and vaccinations and provide evidence.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Families can enter up to 3 dogs in as many classes as desired.
- All ages 5 and up are welcome to participate, but our cloverbud age (5-8 years old) must have an adult to assist nearby with handling the dog.
Classes (Ribbons will be awarded):
- A. Best Puppy
- B. Best Senior
- C. Best Rescue
- D. Best Mixed Breed
- E. Best Purebred
- F. Best Trick
- G. Best Costume
- H. Best Beggar
- I. Most like Owner
- J. Most Mixed Up Mutt
- K. Most Kisses
- L. Most Vocal
- M. Waggiest Tail
- N. Ears to You
- O. Prettiest Eyes
- P. Smallest Dog
- Q. Biggest Dog
In addition, there will be a overall Best-Up-Coming and Best-in-Show based on all competitors.
Registration is open. http://bit.ly/Din4HMuttStrut
*There is a $10 entry fee to the Dinwiddie County Fair by carload.
Dinwiddie's Got Talent & Share-The-Fun Show
Sunday, October 13, 2019 at the Virginia Motorsports Park in conjuction with the Dinwiddie County Fair. Open to Dinwiddie County youth ages 9-18 as of September 30, 2020. Pre-registration is REQUIRED. Participation to participate is free but the fair charges $10 per carload entrance. Register HERE!
- Check in: 1:00Pm-1:30PM
- Show: 1:30PM-2:30PM
- Awards: 2:45PM
- Instrumental - only instrumental presentation judged
- Vocal - a cappella or with muscial accompaniment (only voice will be judged)
- Dance - tap, ballet, interpretive, modern, jazz, acrobatic, folk, clogging, etc. (only dance presentation judged)
- Drama - play or scene from a play, monologue, mime
- Variety - magic acts, stant-up comics, puppetry, impressionists, ventriloquism, clowning, juggling, circus acts, tumbling/gymnastics, step, lip sync, bird calls, karate
- Combination - 2 or more of any above categories (i.e. - singing and dancing, singing and playing guitar)
Bring own equipment (costumes and props, etc.) No special effects (lighting).
NO PROPS/EQUIPMENT will be provided for contestants. We will only provide speakers and a microphone.
Catching critters for identification, medical checks, and security is an essential part of famr life, and it often falls on the younger members of the farm to help out.
In this spirit, the Beaks, Beef, and Bacon 4-H Club is hosting a Critter Getter Contest for our youth fair goers. Have your cameras ready as younger ontestants try to catch a chicken while older members try their hand at catching a piglet.
This event will be held on Saturday, October 12 from 1 to 2PM at the Extension displays. Sign-ups are required so plan to stop by early to fill out a permission slip. This event is broken in to 4 age categories and is FREE for ages 4-17. Winners and prizes will be award for each age category after each event.
Ever wondered what it would be like to grow up on a farm?
The Farm Kid Contest sponsored by the Beaks, Beef, and Bacon 4-H Club will test your skills. This contest is a timed event that includes performing daily farm chores such as moving hay and grain, roping a "cow" and an obstacle course that includes cow patties and crossing a "creek".
It will be held on Saturday October 12 from 2:30 to 4PM by the Extension displays.Sign ups are required so plan to stop by early to fill out a permission slip. This is an individual event so once you compete you can hang around and cheer on your friends or enjoy the rest of the fair. This event is broken into 4 age categories FREE for ages 4-17. Winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded for each age category after everyone has completed all the stations.